British Gas Customer Care Number – 0870 025 0131
All calls to our numbers cost 13 pence per minute plus your telephone provider’s access charge.
Use our British Gas contact number to call British Gas and get connected to the right department, first time. British Gas contact number 0870 025 0131
Who are British Gas? We’ve all heard of them, but British Gas is a gas and electricity provider in the UK owned by – and a subsidiary of – Centrica. This restructuring came about in 1997 after the de-merger of British Gas, opening up the UK utility market to competition. Although there are many more utility providers in the UK nowadays, British Gas has always been thought of as being the UKs main Gas and electricity provider.
Some Other Useful Numbers to Contact British Gas
|Customer Care||0870 025 0131|
|Billing and Payments||0870 025 0060|
|Cancellations and Refund||0870 025 0509|
|General Information||0870 025 0131|
Here of some of the many reasons that you may need to call the British Gas contact number for: –
- To speak about your Gas supply
- To speak about your electricity supply
- To renew an existing contract
- To switch tariffs
- To set up a new contract
- To change your payment details
- To discuss dual-fuel discounts
- To have your boiler repaired or serviced
- To set up a new maintenance contract for your boiler, including emergency call-out cover and insurance
- To speak about home energy efficiency or renewable energy incentives
- To speak about HIVE Active Heating, enabling you to control your home heating and energy consumption from any PC, phone or laptop anywhere in the world
In 1986 the British Gas Corporation – the state run utility provider for the UK – was privatized under the Conservative government of the time (as many public sector organisations were), with shares being issued on the London Stock Exchange.
In 1997, some eleven years after the privatisation, British Gas demerged and – along with the Gas Production facilities of the North Sea and Morecombe – became part of Centrica, with British Gas remaining the main consumer-facing retail brand. This fell in line with driving increased competition and delivering better value for money to the UK population.
British Gas currently employs around 28,000 members of staff in the UK
Here’s a summary of their trading history: –
1812 (as the Gas Light and Coke Company)
1948 (as the area gas boards)
1973 (as the British Gas Corporation)
1986 (as British Gas plc)
1997 (as part of Centrica)
British Gas is one of the few companies which provide ‘Warm Home Discounts’ to UK citizens, check out this scheme here